Thursday, May 6, 2010

Araregi

‘Araregi’, that is how to say allergy in Japanese.

And because of the araregi, I was confined in the apartment for the last three days and missed golden-week holiday (spring holiday). The body temperature was up and down without noticed. The running nose added the misery as I can’t sleep well, it blocked the normal tubes used for inhalation and made me breathed through the mouth instead. Imagine the difficulty of waking up with dried mouth.

The first day was terrible because my right eye became red, as red as it can be; and I can see the swollen retina in the mirror, which terrified me the most. After taking paracetamol, vitamin C and drank enough warm water, I went to sleep. By night, the eyes were becoming less itchy.

The next two days, after went out, bought allergy pills and took them; I just rested in the room. What a holiday?

6 comments :

si.ra said...

alalala kesiannya dia...tu tanda kena banyak berehat la tuh..so, rehat2 la ya :)

naba the mutant said...

yalah...simptom2 relaks lps keja kuat...mesti demam :) sibbaik cuti pnjng...hehehe!

Anonymous said...

Hey Nabama :)

This sounds like a bad case of hay fever. Eyes itchy. Throat itchy. Even the inside of the ears are itchy, kan? Only cure is anti-histamines and rest. So, take a good rest and get well soon.

naba the mutant said...

Thanks and yes Andrea, a hay fever indeed. The itchiness made me crazy...(~_~)...

I do have sinus prob so I brought some anti-histamine pills from home, tapi sudah habis. Went to drug store and bought pills for nose allergy but that one helping much even after 6 days.

The problem here, in order to get the correct medicine is the language. I can't asked the salesperson in the store exactly of what I want and I can't even read the kanji.

Fortunately, today the young sensei offered to go again with me to the drugstore. Hopefully, this time it works better. (^_^)

Naz in Norway said...

Naba,
I hope you are better today. It is no fun being sick and alone in a foreign country.
Plenty of rest OK and let's hope the medicine works this time.

naba the mutant said...

Thanks kak naz....memang sgt tak best! huhuhu!