Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The dancing butterflies

Two more days, then I will be standing in front of the faculty delivering my talk of the research project that have been done in the last three and half years. Yes, butterflies have been dancing in my stomach.

My worries are the script, which is clearly not mined - contributed by the datuk for about 90% of it - and the questions. Since the script is not mine which make it harder to remember, there is something about the flow of thought, it is not there too, seemed a little awkward to say words which are not ours. But then, one has to bow when they need to bow. Regarding the questions; besides the unknown answer -which is easy to answer – is the way of the questions being posted. Based on my past observations, the professors have a strange way to ask easy questions. Therefore, I am afraid that I cannot understand the questions and embarrassed the whole department.

Just wish that everything will go smoothly.

8 comments :

Nana said...

All the best! Don't think too much. Just think that in 2 days time, you are free! That's a big achievement! But I do recommend you to use your own words no matter how simple the words may be cause those are the words that are comfortable to you. Prof can only advise...you are the one who holds the key. So it is all up to you!

naba the mutant said...

Thanks for the wish and advise...and I'll emprovise the sentences here and there to make it easier for me to remember.;)

si.ra said...

all da best kna!!! eleh, senang je semua tu..jgn takut 8) dah lama dah kan dok mengaji..just blive in urself k..

Anonymous said...

Good luck, girl. Just keep calm. Stay away from coffee and tea. And please make sure you have a good night's sleep. You need a clear head. BTW, try practising delivering your presentation ALOUD (instead of just reading it quietly in your head).. this will help you in phasing ie you can draw this sign => / in your sentences at places where you want to catch your breath. It will help you not run out of breath and panic when you are talking.

naba the mutant said...

Ila, tak senang...huhuhu! But I need to make it senang, so today the whole day is about practising...thanks for the wish!

naba the mutant said...

Andrea, thanks for the wish, and the tips....very helpful and practical. I'll do the practising as u suggested while memorising.

Anyway, hopefully I can keep the heart from jumping out tomorrow.....hehehe!

Anonymous said...

And another important thing which I'd missed out - drink warm water. Cold water + anxiety will make your throat constrict and gag.

naba the mutant said...

Oh! Warm water? Alright! I was just thinking about chilled ice Coke..;)

Anyway, my throat is a little dry at the moment, after about 1 hour practise...got to drink enough water today, if not i'll probably end up whispering tomorrow....hahaha!