Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Melancholy of an old knight

Yesterday, a pizza party was organized to express my appreciation towards all the lab mates for their comments and ideas improving the research presentation that I did the last week. For having twice trial presentations where everyone offered their opinions and suggestions, the hard-worked should be celebrated. The big brother even drew the outlines for the slides and printed out a couple of articles, just in-case somebody asks a particular question. Of course it was their duty as a teacher but they are not always that generous.

As far as I can see, we hold a good rapport with each other and I shall be thankful for that.

“Azurina-san will go home by next September,” said datuk while in between sipping his favorite drink, whiskey, “I will be lonely.” Everyone around the table sat in silence as if we were having group’s meditation.

“I can’t wait!” I blurted, but as always only in my mind. I don’t want to be the artless little missy.

“J will go too afterward.” He continued, “I will then retire. Every day will be Sunday.” His shoulder drooped and there was a sign of distress when he mentioned retiring.

I felt for him. He showed an indefatigable feature when ever we discussed new research ideas but in life, there are things that irretrievable and age is one of those. Probably he just needed time to accept that retirement is rightfully his.

On the other hand, me, I just can’t wait to resume my life. Yes, it will be quite different from the one that I had before BUT, I just can’t stop thinking of driving my OWN car once again.

2 comments :

si.ra said...

yoishh, syoknya dah lepas presentation ni..ada brapa bnyk lg halangan dan rintangn nih?

naba the mutant said...

ada la dlm 2 part lg nk kena cover....tungguuuuuu!