Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Raya is coming to town with Ila

All of them went home, only a handful left behind because this time it was a summer holiday for the undergraduate students. So, I can only expect a small number of guest for Hari Raya gathering. Luckily, Ila agreed to come down tomorrow morning from Tokyo and spend the Raya celebration with me. Nothing much that I can plan for us to do, but to have a family, even only one of them in here, is joyous to the max.

Well, since I don't have anything to do in the lab (not a lab's rat anymore!!!), I can see myself suddenly missing from the lab and turn into a full time baker/ chef. Two cakes are now in my mind waiting to be bake into reality. And many, many other Malaysia delicacies, which I will try to get the recipes right, which also means the googling will start tonight. Just wish that it all will turn out alright.

Tomorrow, the day will start early since I will be going to pick Ila up at the bus station. Voila!

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

Make nasi lemak la, friend. The most senang and sedap-est Malaysian dish.

naba the mutant said...

Ya la, I can't agree more with u on the nasi lemak, but since I always have it, it can't be that special anymore for hari raya...;)

so, need to google at least for nasi tomato, with ayam masak merah, and dalca and acar timun....*the saliva started drooling*