Saturday, December 6, 2014

Revelation of stress, another perspective

Life is never easy, but it is not so hard to live by. All depends on the perspective, on which way we decide to see and accept. The glass poured with water, half of it, could always be half full or half empty.

I'm here in Kb, all on my own. Looking after myself, missing my mother and family back home. But, I can't just pack and move back. I have other responsibility, yes, besides the paycheck.

I went on to do phd in thinking of making myself more knowledgeable. However, I end up making myself miserable throughout the four years. At the end, I just wanted to comeback and be a teacher. Rushing to finish the study, I did what I always do to get by; to live day by day like a programme robot. At the end, stress was just another part of me. I ate, slept and drank on it.

So, during those difficult times, my intention changed. I would like to be a teacher, that besides teaching, inspired the students. To my postgraduate students, I wanted them to reach higher than I am. I would like them to have the joy of doing research, to understand that 'stress' is another for success. If we can ride on the 'stress', we surely can find the best looking rainbow at the end of the journey.

After four years of teaching, I don't know how much I have contributed to science or the students. Hopefully, I am doing just fine.


No comments :