Thursday, July 22, 2010

Frozen food online

Understanding has to be seek and that's one of my love of life. Besides human, I love to know how things work. Yes! I am full of curiosity.

Because of that, again, I thanks Google for having language translation button which can traslate language of any website and for now, Japanese website is the one that I need to look into.

With that button, many things had been bought. And yes, how can a woman disassociate oneself with shopping but at one time, it's all about purchasing food, online. During one particular week, I experimented with buying frozen foods online, pizzas and curry. It's all started with my curiosity to understand the succesfullness of this kind of services in Japan. It is reasonably easy to figure out on sending purses or clothes by mail, but frozen food? Is the taste really as good as the shop claimed it to be? How about doing it in Malaysia?

After clicking the buy button, I waited for the parcels to reach me at my house on early Saturday morning which I had instructed the shop to do so, simply by fill-in the the form of the website during the buying processes. Both pizzas and curry were from two different shops, and each using different courier service. I chose these two shops because they had offered week end delivery with no shipping cost but moreover, discounted prices - about 1000yen - and the most important thing, those foods do not contained meat or alcohol as described in the ingredient available in their respective websites.

The three small sizes pizzas arrived first, in a box, each wraped carefully with plastic bag, still in frozen condition with cooking instructions. About 10 minutes later, the curry set arrived. It was also in frozen condition as if it just been brought out of the -20 degrees celcius freezer. I was impressed.

These showed that both courier services were very good in handling frozen items. And probably relatively cheap enough that the shops were able to offer free shipping to the customer, especially when both shops were located in Tokyo, about 10 hours bus ride to Tokushima and more than 1 hour by plane.
Three types pizzas just out from box



The curry set

  

3 comments :

si.ra said...

wowowo bestnya bereksperimen ngn makanan...share la online shop tu..nak gak try..ahahhaha

ijan said...

hebat... ada curry online.. menangis mamak tengok ni.hehehe

naba the mutant said...

Ila, ala...k na cari kat rakuten website....kdg2 ada yg tgh buat promosi...hehehe!

Ijan, kat msia tak berbaloi kot sbb kedai mamak on 24 jam....hehehe!