Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Bend It Like Me?

There was a single incident that still played strongly in my mind though it happened almost a decade ago, something to do with football, Britain and the Aussie visitors.

During one fine day in a meeting room of Human Genome Centre, I was sweating profusely as the honorable Aussie visitors from Adelaide University was about to reach the department and I would be the one giving the welcoming talk; a short introduction of the department and the school. Nonetheles, being rehearsing the presentation for the xth times, I was ready, or thought so.

Once they made the entrance the atmosphere was very serious and there I was standing and blabbing, remembering every words.

“As for the training, at the moment, we have a student studying in the Manchester United…..”

Silence.

Opss…

“Manchester University.”

Laughter.

The Aussie Professor smiled for the first time, “Everything is about David Beckam nowadays.”

“Yes, Bend It Like Beckam.”

4 comments :

Anonymous said...

Helloooooo! this is my 4th try at posting a comment for this post. The other 3 disappeared as soon as I clicked on Post Comment and I got a message that said No comments in box. Kenapa ya? jeng!jeng!jeng!

Ok.. what I wanted to say was How are you Cik Naba? Long time no hear. I hope that everything is getting on well for you. Happy New Year 2011. May Allah bless you with JODOH, and paanjang umur and murah rezeki always.

naba the mutant said...

wowow! cik Andrea...I guess there is a hantu somewhere in the Google blogspot web program...seram! Happened to me many times before.

I am very well here Cik Andrea. Thanks a lot for asking. :) Trying to fit in the society that is once mine...4 years seemed like 40 years. I am very happy for the JODOH wish...hehehe! There will be a post about that soon...but so far, no luck...only many attempted by close relatives around me to make it happened.

And for you Cik Andrea, I wish a very happy 2011. May all you heart desires be fullfilled and a happy life with many laughters.

Nana said...

Salam,
Hey, you succeeded in cheering up the atmosphere! At least the people will remember you! :) Glad to hear that all is well. Ganbatte!

naba the mutant said...

Salam Adi, hehehe...but for the wrong reason....;)

Yeah, after awhile I got hold of my better self and alhamdulillah, life is good.

Gambarimasu! Arigatou! :)