Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Facebook page's idiot- part I

Well, nothing much can be said, unless we try and realized our mistake. This is called "tried and error" in science. Since I am a "scientist", I need to try this. Hypothesis null, 'It is difficult to make a sale using Facebook'.

So, after exhausting most of my friends on Facebook who I think would likely clicked the 'like' button by inviting them to like my sale page, I made about 60 likes out of it. This was considered as a zero move. Then, the first hardcore act started. Before we jump to the story of it, I just wanted to acknowledge that the zero move was based on an article that I read on Entrepreneur online.

The first move is to get as much like as I can, by buying the advertisement on Facebook. Not to waste much money, I spent around USD1 per day and for the past two days, the page gathers around 200 likes. Impressive! But that is not all that I learned from the status of 'likers' of my page. There are actually people who live by the Facebook just to click the 'like' button. Interesting!

That's probably one of the reasons Facebook has come up with 'an engagement button' when I tried to buy the advert. And probably this is one of the many reasons that only one person had ever asked me nicely over the message option if I had any other design. And this one person is not becoming my 'fan' (because she liked my page) through the advert. The others, no contact at all. I just wish that amongst those 200, there are genuine 'likers'. Or by time, will be.

Anyway, I will let the advert run for another 5 days, including today for the sake of increasing the number of like. And then, we will switch to engagement button, which will cost 5 times higher!

Maybe, if I could finish this task, I can start writing for the business section of Yahoo! Consider this as a job application, boss.

No comments :