Thursday, September 4, 2014

Young always!

I am almost four decades of age, considered old by Asian standard. But that is not what I am going to write or as if I do care. Age is just a number for me. 

I do get young every now and then. Two things that make me young; knowledge and being with the young ones. 

This morning, during the journal club, we spent a good one hour discussing science related to our subject of interest which is stem cell. Although at times, the post-graduates students seemed anxious answering questions or had to asked one, at the end of the session everyone looked content. I just want them to express their thought freely. They might feel under duress, nevertheless I wish they learn something after that one hour. 

And this evening, I spent sometime before coming home with two young lecturers. They joined academia's world about a year ago. However, I can felt their vibration, a good vibration. They talked about the past one year and how they adapted their life as a lecturer. 

I always realise one thing that happen during these two events, whenever it happen; there was an adrenalin or epinephrine flow, freely. 

Maybe I was excited during the discussion because we are training the young minds to think or excited to be part of new leaves trying to venture out their life journey.

Thank God!

No comments :