Sunday, November 9, 2014

A modern day tale, indeed!

I watched Maleficient today. An interesting way to capture the hearts of a thousand children, while letting them know that true love doesn't come as a package of a kiss of a young man. A motherly love is a love without boundary, that only a mother or a woman can understand. I will let my nieces watches this movie. Whoa! At least they could understand that they need not wait for the knight riding a white horse to make them feel complete. How feminist, I am today! And I love it every bit. 

Anyway, watching this movie brought back many memories. I remembered reading story books full of drawing and colors, when I was very young. The books were the door of limitless imaginations. The creatures drawn in those books came into life once I opened up the first page. They were talking and sharing their stories. I was living a tale by tale until the last page. Those feelings rarely come around these days. I wish to feel it again, to enjoy and ventures the world of the unknown and be captivated by the beauty of the kingdom, by the charm of a prince and the loveliness of a princess. Or live a life of a peasant who comes across many adventures by himself; fighting the dragon and finally learn something new about himself. 

How I wish!

2 comments :

Al-Manar said...

You remember the days when children's books were full of colours and drawings. My days were just simple words well spaced for us to recognise alphabets. Our days are far apart obviously - not just between colour tv and black-and-white, but the word tv was never heard of during my days.

Keep thinking of those days when the memory of love and affection is a treasure

naba the mutant said...

Our world is definitely far apart, but you're a wise man, who is full of stories, waiting to be shared with us. Sorry, that I still can't fulfill my promise to visit you, Pakcik.