Saturday, February 28, 2015

Lovely childhood memories

If anything, I would like to have an imaginary friend to play with when I was young. Alone, that's the price I have to pay by being the only girl, to toughen up against two younger brothers, although both of them are not bullying types. Thank God for that.

But then, I have aunties,  younger sisters of my mother, who are not much older than me. All of us would got together once a while; playing making house, cooking or wedding. Neighbourhood children would eventually joined the band after seeing us flocking behind my grandparents house under the rambutan's trees.

I enjoyed those days, and today, a book brought me back to the days.

I was and am full of imagination. One fine day, thinking about one of my uncle who was an army, I jotted down an imaginary map of his so called army tactical. The map includes the bonkers, army camps and all the necessary things, in a minds of a ten years old child. Maybe it was my reading or my attachment to TV's programme,  but when my a much older aunty saw it ly on the ground, she made a big fuss over it. She thought that it was fallen out of my uncle's pocket. There were a lot of dramas, until I came forward and admitted that it was mine.

I smile whenever I think of that incident.


1 comment :

Al-Manar said...

This a short on memory of a child but it has a lot of messages for me. Cooking is an activity children act. It is strange that my memory of cooking is fresh in my memory when I read this. A child does not necessarily have gender in his or her activities. I cannot imagine today how as a boy cooking was a game I enjoyed