Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Divert from the present to live in the present

"Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why we call it 'The Present'." attributed to Eleanor Roosevelt.

Enjoy the seasonal luxuries that life has to offer. Forget about past and never indulge too much about future. This principle can be found in some life teachings.

Easier said than done, that is quote is all about. Sigh! Sometimes, it is hard to let the worries of the future to just go away. Not as easy as letting the waves of the sea to swept away the sands on the beaches. And then, there are some heartaches of the past that have taken places somewhere in the memories. It is all hard to erase because we are only human, full of weakness. And yet life is so beautiful and not to be abandon. At least for me, I don't want the seasons to pass without being part of it.

Me, myself as an example; once a while I will have a brush with life’s realities. By having a fragile heart (literally) it makes my life a little more difficult to handle. But then again, because I live in the present time, I need to push myself to come face to face with my own sadness, or worries or above all, my own weakness. Sometimes, I can feel like the blood is flowing out from the heart (again, literally!). At time, I can feel that the pain is so real that I wish I can have painkiller (such as pana*ol, Oh!) to take away the pain. It is hard. Really hard! So hard that I wish I can sleep trough the whole process of grieving and then wake up feeling on the top of the world.

During this time, many people will take a short-cut lane; either booze or drug. However, those will only provide temporarily relief. Once the effects have gone, the pains come back haunting. Human is so weak that they will again and again seek the alcohol and drugs for the temporarily solace. At the end, however, come the addictions and the consequences that follow will sometimes cost life long miseries. There are many blogs describing the life of ex-addicts available in the internet which become one of my sources of inspirations of not to become one.

Up until now, I always choose the pain and grief. And then try to divert myself from them. It is often does not work for the first time. Never work for me. But being persistent in changing life patterns and activities, one fine day, I always find my shelters of solace. Now, the shelters are consisted of a few things; internet, blog’s hopping, FB, music, camera, good companions, coffee, travels, cooking, shopping and the final one, eating. None of those worked for the first time but in life, people should just keep trying. And pray. After all, we're just human.

No comments :