Friday, December 11, 2009

Pizza's advice

Friends do come to me to seek opinion. I will go to them to ask for opinion, or largely, people call it advice. Whatever the names is, it does not matter because at the end of the day, the person who ask is the one making the final call.

If they come to me, all I can do is to list down all the good points followed with the bad perspectives. Weighing between the two will usually give us some insight of a few possible right directions in order to take the next step. Then, role of the adviser is fin.

Nonetheless, the next step is only the first step of the whole ordeal, a baby step. There were millions steps that need to be make in order to the journey (remember, life is a journey?). We need to realize this because while making those steps, there will be stumbled blocks somewhere along it. If we make a new start every time we come upon a bad patches, then it will take hundreds years to complete the steps. This is true in some cases in life. But then again, probably we need to start afresh, let say in the case of bad spouse? Again, the first step is only a step of millions.

A strategist wannabe plus a trait of control freak instilled by my birth right make it hard for me to be detached from any sort of problems that cross my path.

The role of adviser was never finale for me after I delivered the verdict. I used to follow closely every move made by my friends after they came to see me for the advice; tiring, both body and soul but happy because I was part of their life.

BUT, now I am done doing that.

There were sorts of people who wanted advice but that was it, no attachment afterwards. I got that thrown to my face blatantly. Sigh! And there were many cases the advise be thrown back at my face with a sneer or a laughter. It felt like you were swarmed by a hot pizza on the face, which smells tasty nevertheless hot.

My advice (again?) to anybody out there who do not sincerely need any advice, keep quite. By keeping quite, you are making big help by simply not causing any grieve to other people who is willingly want to help. Or you are exhausting the neurons of them who have been thinking for you.

Thus, I have made my mind and think the best way to give away your ideas is when you are asked for it, sincerely. Ask me baby, I’ll let you know or else, I will just keep my mouth shut.

By the way, please remember to keep the hot warm pizzas for yourself if somehow you tend to criticize the advice given to you after you ask for it. It helps. *wink*

No comments :