Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Reading is the brain's agenda

Writing is indeed interesting, and so is reading.

The whole new dimension unwraps vastly in front of me once I open-up a book to read. I am in the story, staying a step behind the main player. At time, I try to get in touch with the protagonist and give him or my two cents worth of thought before they make their next move. I can even see how they move about in a situation or how intense the crowded room.

Of course, I make it up all in my mind but I am the director of the story. The book is merely a script; nevertheless, in the health point of view, it was undeniably a major source of vitamins for the neurons of my brain.

The reading has affected me beyond my imagination that I can comprehend. Probably because reading (for me) is like a chemical inducer that can stimulates hormones, which without doubt, under the instruction of the brain; that made me agitated, in a good way. Those are reasons I enjoy the reading.

After a while, when a book that I read becomes an object of obsession, I will try to get my hand on all the published materials by the author of that book. Thus, I am now a proud owner of a collection of books from a few distinguished authors. The hunting became haunting once I can get into the mind of the writer. This is happening when I can reach ahead of the story and in doing so dried-up the rush of adrenaline. Sadly, few names had been crossed out of my reading lists.

I am glad that I’ve found Jeffrey Archer, Patricia Cornwell, Agatha Christie and Arthur Conan Doyle, amongst others.

I admit it that for me to read a book, the twists and the tales are a bigger factor more than the grammar and the sentences. I think I am too technical to have the benefit of the art of writing and the literature (though I do, to certain extend) and it is entirely my fault. I wish to correct this fault in my remaining years of life.

Nonetheless, there are a few columnists and bloggers who have a place in my reading lists. It is their ways of writing, which successfully have made me smirk or evoke a thought; let them straight into my good book.

If you noticed, the brain of mine has found a way to always stay on top. It makes sure anything which has an ability to provoke the neurons of it, such as the write-ups of these authors, is my thing. So, I have no control over my self, it is all an agenda of the brain.

No comments :