Thursday, February 12, 2009

Behavioural analysis

This is my first and truly love. One day while I was reading a magazine, Readest Digest (my first English book collections which introduce me to the English writing though I think now the editor is taking side in the war of preconception against certain religious groups. Pardon me if I am wrong, it just a view after reading so many articles in the magazines), I came across this article about this singular person. Prior to that I never knew that `behavioural sciences` ever exist. He worked so hard to capture the bad persons such as Ted Bundy, (if I am not mistaken because it was a very very long time ago that I read the article), a serial killer who was like regular kind of guy, like you and me. This FBI person (who at the moment I forgot his name) studied their behaviour, childhood life and everything about these guys and managed to capture them. He even successfully set up a unit to identify these kind of sociopath and moved a lot to train people about this sciences. One day he collapse because of brain hemorrhage but luckily, survived.

I still remember vividly the article especially when he asked a criminal who happened to be a bookie of how he could stop them. The answer was, the criminal just asked this FBI guy to take a look at the two rain drops on the glass window. He said that by using the two drops of rain he could bet that one would fall down from the glass window faster than the other. Meaning that if one is born that way, probably they could not be stop of doing the things that they are doing.

I knew about the behavioural sciences through this article and wanted to pursue Clinical Psychology Studies before faith got in my way and here I am now studying Physiology. I think the previous TV series (now defunct) entitled Profiler was basically based on the behavioural analysis. At the moment, one of successful TV series on CBS of USA, Criminal Minds was a show that used principles of behavioural analysis in getting the bad guys that do criminal like serial killings and CSI things are not able to help out.

In reality, human can be analyse. I love to put human under my microscope and get to know them deeply. Studying human is about studying life. I think I am lucky to be bond with my religious believe. I can simply say that I believe if, "You do good, you get good, you screw up, pray hard that you can come back as human once again". Binding by law will actually make us live a good life but having a good pure heart, will make us always on the right track.

No comments :