Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I will die a thousand death....for snowboarding?

Haven’t been going all out to move my muscles for an inched since the last 2 years. Things have been pretty mundane lately. Moving is heavier as I put on weight and the number on the balance is either crossing a single digit of the number 9 up or down. Despite the physical conditions, brain had me saying yes to the idea of snowboarding. As if I don’t know how my mind had been in controlled all these years. Huh! Anyhow, going by my motto `Life is experiencing`, I will never say no to something that surely will keep my memory bank full. Not in this lifetime.

There I was in Hakuba Iwatake, Nagano, with all the youngsters; KYM, Baby M, MR and YY. Ah! Forgot to mention that Su had an emergency that need to recluse herself from the trip.

We took a night bus and reached there in eerie morning with other bunch of groups. I can felt that somehow my muscle tiff a little to see the huge white snow mountain in front of us. The temperature was freezing and there was no hot water in the restroom! But then, things seem to get well. There was a changing room and large coin lockers. And place where we can linger around with huge heater.

What friends are for? Especially in the morning when we need breakfast, having friends with foods came in handy. We thought of bringing some bread but having thought again that most place will have convenience store, made us took the first idea lightly. There were many restaurants around the place but not our most overrated favorite convenience store, Lawson. We shared the breads amongst us、just barely to stop the stomached from growling while snowboarding.

Itching to have the day start、we went for a 500 yen 1 hour lesson with a pretty instructor. She had degree in physical fitness and very warm Japanese. Thank God for my limited understanding of Japanese language, I can make up the head and tail of what she was saying, but really ‘limited`. The day start with me not able to walk on ice with one leg strapped on the board. And not been able to stand straight one ice. It was like my mind, body and legs were not listening to each other. They were not synchronizing. The interesting part was to try to stand from a sitting position with both of my legs strapped onto the snowboard. After a few times trying, it became easy but it was a hard work. Harder than doing western blotting in Hosoi`s lab.

But then, the glowing of her white and clean skin texture did manage to jump into my flow of thought while listening to her instruction. And make me thinking of asking her to recommend me the skincare brand that she`s been using. We parted our way with the pretty instructor after having our photos taken and changing Facebook addresses.

After trying to slide on ice on the lower part, we went up the mountain. I stumbled a thousand times and hit my buttock three thousand times, like I care to count. It was countless. The only thing that motivated me was that I don’t want to stay up there alone watching the beautiful snow mountains of Japan. I wanted to go to Salem High Country, just like in the advertisement for Salem cigarettes that our Malaysia TV shown when I was only a little girl. Not in Japan anyway. So, I wanted to come down as fast as I can, no matter how many times I did stumble on ice. Lucky I, none of my bones break but all my muscles and joint were crying in pain. Anyhow, if I went against my body and following my heart will, I may stay longer snowboarding. Wistful thinking made me humble. I am a 34 years old woman with no skills of snowboarding, heavy and had forgotten of how to exercise. Therefore, I just opted to followed my aching body parts despite the heart was thumping inside to join the girls after the lunch break. I think, I had my day enough for the memory bank.

The day was bright, the company was right and the place was nice though the bus journey was somewhat cramping. Anyway, my memory bank is happy at the moment (but my joints are still in vain when moving around). (*_*)

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

wow..can i give my comment in bahasa? hehehe..
mak aih..cam baca novel la kak na..gempak la..
syoknya main salji..ni jeles ni..nak kena simpan duit ni..tapi ila ada sana nanti kan?..sempat lagi..hehe
sangat menarik

naba the mutant said...

sangat sempat nak mai sini...best tau main salji