Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Ryokan with a garden

There are something about Japanese garden that captivates me. Possibly the tranquility, peacefulness as well as earthly warmth which it bore whenever I am in ones.

Last autumn, in my desperate attempted to stay at a ryokan (Japanese Inn style) and experienced Japan, my friend and I booked an inn in Kyoto. It was located outside Kyoto suburb. At 8pm, we took a bus as suggested by the inn's website and landed at no-where. God gracious, the owner knew some English. By phone, he successfully guided us to his house, which was converted into a ryokan.

It was dark, so I cannot see if there was a garden.

The next morning before we checked-out, there I was in the garden; joyfully snapped the pictures and began dreaming about my own future Japanese garden. If only I have all the zeal to go through the procedures, my garden will have a small bonsai sakura tree. Owh!

No comments :