Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Wake, stand, walk, and then run

I am a person with a little patience. One of the trait that I want to change. People who do not know me will say that I am mature and always sober. It happen to be not true. The other side of me will jump out in front of people who I trust enough to let go of the emotions.

Let's stray away from that. We will focus on the patience. At one point of my life, I was very distracted with my study. Living in the hostel from young age of 13 years old, it shouldn't be a problems for me to change school and live in another hostel. But far from what other people thought, it was a problem.

The grades dropped. I was no more the sober type of person. The inner me was cringed inside. World was upside down. As I wasn't in the position to analyse myself, I blamed to new environment. The news went across the mountain and reached my mother.

She did something that I never thought she would do. She sent me a letter. The letter that I cherished up until now.

She mentioned that I should always remember the rabbit and tortoise story. One of the story that she and my father used to tell us when we were young. It was about running towards the finished line. Yes! Tortoise was the one who challenged the over confident rabbit. Surely, rabbit should be the winner as he can run faster that tortoise. But, faith, hard work and glory sometimes had some other things in stored. Tortoise became the winner because he knew that whatever happened he must never laid back and take it easy. His point was to finish the race. So he kept walking and saw rabbit who happened to be the fastest between the two, was behind him at the finish line. This was because rabbit was so sure of himself and stop to take a nap during the race.

She told me that I was the tortoise. I should work my way slowly but surely to the end. Being in the hostel among the rabbit shouldn't make me weak. So, wake up, stand, walk and the run for the success.

No comments :