Tuesday, April 28, 2009

'Flu' is the in thing...

When the whole world is worried about swine flu, I am worried with my own type of 'flu'.

On the serious note, yes, the swine flu is killing human and dangerous but hopefully it doesn't cross the continent and arrive at this part of island in Japan. As Japanese is very particular about infectious disease, the prevention at the moment could be at the very stringent in all the international airports, probably. On the contrary, it could be very difficult for Japan as their most closest and respected friend country, USA is one of the main contributor in spreading the disease. Every year, many Japanese tourists will flock into USA for holidays. This pandemic might do some damage in term of tourism. And will surely caused a bigger damage to the world economic which had showed some positive sign by not dropping any further past couple of weeks.

Coming back to my 'flu', I was down with light flu last two weeks. But I am alright now having taken good rest and good medicine. The other 'flu' that I am so worried is that I am feeling too lazy to finish up some of the lab work. Things that could have been completed was postponed unnecessarily. And yet, it has to be finished because I am sending an abstract for another conference in September. The dateline for submission is 19th May. God! I am really killing myself over nothing.

No comments :