Friday, November 14, 2008

Great but....still long way to go!

The Quantitative RT-PCR results of mine showed that the theories was true. I am very happy about it. But then again it's still requires a tons of works to properly say so.

Nowadays, the reviewers of any articles that we wish to publish in the journals will ask lots of questions once they got grip of the manuscript. Sometimes, the questions will sent us back to square one where we, the scientists will need to repeat or do the same experiments using state-of-art equipment. In this laboratory, my professor is not someone who love the modern gadgets. He only wish that the students will used the inexpensive and old techniques as long as we can produce data. Thus, one of the associate researcher have to re-submit her manuscript three times because he refused to let her used Real Time machine but instead using the RT-PCR though our lab have the machine. The reason, it will caused money to prepare the same samples and the kits to be used is expensive.

I think he forget that time is invaluable and is more expensive compare to the real money. We can find money but be can't buy the time that have passed by.

Anyhow, at the moment I think my study is in the right path and I pray to God that I will be able to write up the conclusion soon.

No comments :