Saturday, November 22, 2008

A new pattern for brain, a way to improve memory

Last month, I came across an article of how to improve memory. One of the suggestions is to make new simple things in everyday life. If we like to take the same route to the office or lecture hall, probably by elevator (lift), maybe once a while we can take stairway (added value for better heart).

The idea is introduce our brain some new patterns. I think if we keep doing the same thing over a period of time, one day we can even do it 'autopilot'. When it comes to 'autopilot', we're just enhance the same part of neurons on the brain. Probably the excitement of new neurons exist but at a very low percentage (this is purely hypothetical or my own suggestion, no scientifically support) or non at all. Doing new thing will 'force' our brain to recognize new surrounding and excite new neurons. I think, I can live with doing new little things in life. It keeps me from boredom.

I did something new today. Went to Takamatsu town with Mirza by train and did some little exciting things. Yes, like riding bicycle around the town. Nothing much but exciting. I had a wonderful day. (^_^)

No comments :