Tuesday, November 25, 2008

When we care...

I do think a lot, most of the time even while sleeping. That's why I can't get good sleep if I have something in my mind, some 'mind' unfinished business.

Going back to the topics, last night I talked to my mother. We may not agree on a lot of things but it's common because of generation's gap. It's never an issue between us. But one thing that both of us share is that we're the first child in the family.

I can hear some frustration in her voices and sentences when she talked about her family, which is my extended family. She seems so concern that some of her siblings made a pass when comes to one of their sister's family, she passed away about 10 years ago. I can fully understand her.

Asian family is a close knit family. We are supposed to know each other so well. In some families, three generations can still live together. Probably my mother is fearing the worst. Of course nobody wants their family to fell apart. The worst will come when they do not even know who is who amongst the family members.

My mother cares about her family. However, being a woman she can't do much because she was a married woman back then. Fully dependent to my father made her more cripple in the sense of being the first born in the family. But she cares a lot. As do I. Solution: we still do have other options if the world is against us. We can directly go to the world's Creator and be by his side. Then, even the world is smaller compared to us. (^_^)

No comments :