Saturday, November 29, 2008

Why keep our soul?

Many songs talk about soul. What is soul? Why soul?

Soul according to wikipedia is "the immaterial part of a person. It is usually thought to consist of one's thoughts and personality, and can be synonymous with the spirit, mind or self". As for me it is the real thing of me.

People may see me in any way they project. They can see my face only. They can see my brain only. They can see me as a woman. They can see me as a helpless creature. They can see me as a person who is good or even bad. They can see me by the clothes that I choose to wear, by my walking styles or anything. But, my soul is immaterial. They can't see the real me under the skin. Under their eyes, I could be anyone.

The best thing about having the soul is we can choose who we want to be. Clear the mind. Think with the open heart. Talk to our soul. Ask the God to guide. Keep your soul clean and pretty because they are the real person underneath the skin and bone. Pretty face does not mean pretty soul. Bad face with bad soul is the worst thing people can ask for.

No comments :