Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Kouyou in Kuramoto

Last Saturday, Mirza and I were left alone by the rest of the gang. As the rule of thumb in Japan, I will need any of them to help me in translation if I wanted to go for 'special' shopping. She agreed to accompany me for shopping and then we would go for 'kouyou', an activity that Japanese do during 'aki' or autumn where they will go out to see the color of autumn, changes of the color of leaves. I am very proud of Japanese people when comes to appreciate nature. They are very good at it.

We spent our day by having coffee and sandwich at Doutor for lunch, bought some facial skin care for me (I got 5000yen voucher for best poster award during a conference), cycled to Kuramoto, took many pictures (almost 150 pieces using Mirza's Nikon DLSR Camera alone), went back Tokushima Eki, eat udon, went to 100yen shop and bought somethings (just to further decreased my level of stress) and finally went to have some softcream ice cream before we parted home.

And went I arrived at my apartment, I saw Am, husband of Shima was running down the stairs after left Malay food prepared by Shima on my front door. She cooked Sambal Udang Petai (Prawn Chillies with Petai or Parkia Speciosa) and uncooked Ikan Pekasam (Rice Seasoning Fish), a special tradisional Malay preparation of fish. The fish is fermented with fried rice grain and salt. It provide salty and sour taste to the fish. I just love both dishes.

Some pictures of Ikan pekasam and Sambal Udang Petai. Most Malaysian love this dishes. (^_^)

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

kat jepun pon ada petai ka...?....ila

naba the mutant said...

ada...brg import ni...kena pi beli kat Kobe