Thursday, January 21, 2010

Because I have to...

I just hope that in my older days I will stop and listen to the younger voices around me. Older doesn't means wiser.

I happened to meet and have to get along an old and egoistic persona.

When I started this project, I had again and again insisted that we should be looking at the autophagy. It was an in-thing in research. Nevertheless, the water molecules were the interest of the lab. So, I let go of my idea and think about the water molecules all the way long.

Now, at the end of the journey, autophagy suddendly become the interest because somewhere, in a meeting somebody asked many questions.

Life will never become easy for someone who made life miserable for others.

I bowed because I need to, for now.

2 comments :

Adi said...

Don't go with the trend. Go with your instict!
The trend right now might be your instinct right now but that doesn't mean you have to follow the trend. whatever it is...in research, knowledge, luck and your precious instinct take a big role in doing good research. Good luck!

naba the mutant said...

Adi, you're right in your opinion....but there is a big IF in my life right now. IF only this in my work that ME, myself decided which way I want to direct my research.

My instict was not the bomoh instinct ;) but it is based on the lit reading. If everything is pointing at autophagy, then it must be...and the in-thing is needed for the paper to be published without hassle. Probably not in your line of research but in my lab, there are two papers sitting in someone's computer because her articles doesn't sound too happening. Her previous two paper on the same topic were published easily.

But then again, I have to bow because I can't do otherwise.