Thursday, July 9, 2009

The last foreign student of Hosoi talks about hobby

Currently, I am the last original student of Hosoi sensei. We have another student but she belongs to a clinical department. Her time as a PhD student is ticking but unfortunately she was lack of scientific data to graduate. Hence, Prof Hosoi was asked to co-supervise her and he is actually doing a favor.

The other only female in this department is Yao sensei. She is a Chinese by nationality, fluent in Japanese language and now working as an Assistant Professor in the department. This morning, I had a short interesting discussion with her. It’s regarding hobby. She insisted that she needs new hobby because all works without play make her dull. Not only that, it is like having nothing to be excited about and she believes that is not good for the brain, no stimulant. What a coincidence? My inner self is talking out loud about my next hobby venture.

She used to do knitting and even able to finish knitting a piece of shawl last year. Wow! Her only set back was that she would be totally immersed into the thing that she forgot to cook for her son. We laughed at it. It happened to me countless time. I don’t want to dwell on it. It will then leave me with no mystery and that is not good for my personality.

She then asked me about my hobby because she wanted to have ideas. Looking for a hobby could be tiring. I had the experiences. Beside cooking and reading, none of others had work for more than two weeks. I am now trying my best to engage myself in macro photography using my small digital camera. And then, I have a few chili plants to grow. The ghost shrimps that were brought back from the river while camping last week still alive, only few by the way.

Talking about hobby, I will cook tomato rice and beef kurma tomorrow in the lab. I just wish that all this will help me to have a healthy heart, away from stress. But yes, the kurma and tomato rice have enormous amount of fat. Let’s say that we can drop our diet plan once a while. Sigh! Am I contradicting myself again?

4 comments :

Anonymous said...

Che Na..pukul berapa kami nak g makan nasik tomato esok neh? hehe

ila said...

owh k.ijan nk p ya..?..jom la plan p sama2..meriah ckit..so, k.na kena masak lebih ckit ya..sy x berdiet, xpa makan banyak!

ila said...

kna, berapa ya harga kamera yg kna beli tuh..duit msia..nk simpan duit utk kamera2 cenggitu...teringin la nk ada kamera yg amik gambq cantik2 gitu..

naba the mutant said...

ah! sila2 jemput mai, ijan zul and ila...sy start mkn pukul 6pm...dinner la...takdan nak masak tghari. ada kwn2 bawak mai la, byk ni masak....hahaha!

ila, kamera kak na tu harga dlm 2ribu lbh 2 thn lepas...rasanya lani dh murah kot. budget2 1ribu stgh boleh dpt yg elok dah pun...