Friday, October 2, 2009

Earthquake - Sumatra

Japan and Indonesia are a couple of countries that often had earthquake. Since my stayed in Japan, I had experiencing some small tremors. The last one was during previous Ramadan. It happened in the night almost 11pm while I was alone the laboratory preparing PowerPoint presentation for Niigata's conference. The shake was quite obvious that I did stop the work and look around, worrying that it might become bad. Thank God that it last only after 30 second or less.

However, it was never the same with the quake that took place in Sumatra the last couple days. Yes, I did felt a little belittle with 'Sapu Malaysia' campaign carried out by a few Indonesians. Though it do not involve me directly but then again, I am Malaysian. Being a Malaysian make me proud and having heard people talking bad about Malaysia will definitely leave some impact somewhere on me. Called me whatever you want, but I think that is my way of showing patriotism.

Nevertheless, life is more meaningful then hatred. Life is more powerful then the agendas of a corrupt mind. Looking at the pictures of Padang after the quake touched my heart. The teary eyes of a mother with a child on her back talk louder then a burned flag. The picture had managed to tug my heart and I cried for her. I pray that all of them will be safe. I pray that they will have enough foods, drinks and medicine. Let it be no more death of a family member to anybody. Pain of losing a house is nothing compared to the loss of a soul, let alone a dear one.

No comments :