Thursday, October 1, 2009

Truth behind news- a thought?

It is not my usual stuff to think about economy. For a person who does not even think about her monthly budget and never thought about the next source of income rather then the one that she has, this is obviously not worth a reading. Nevertheless, I really care about Malaysia’s strategy of embracing the ever changing pattern of world economy. In layman term, I am worried if Malaysia is still live in denial. By denial, I am saying that we, Malaysia are not as good as the newspaper make us to believe that we are. And by doing so, the media is only saving face of some politicians but in a long run, it is the people who will suffer.

Media plays a role in educating people. I read newspaper everyday since I was studying in primary school. Reading newspaper developed my mind and thinking in a way that teaches me not to believe everything that was thrown at you. Being suspicious of every information make me curious of the reality behind every news. Don't get me wrong, it was the newspaper man himself who let the cat out of the bag.

It was early 90’s; one of the important mainstream newspaper's men who was then retired (and since had went to met his Maker) gave an account of his early days as a journalist. On one occasion, he said that he was asked to increase numbers of participants coming for a political gathering from 5 000 to 50 000. This information stayed in my memory up until now.

Again, I am not against any politician. I believe that I have come to term that we can agree not to agree. Politics in Malaysia at this moment is not at the virtue of helping people but more towards personal achievement. If not I will not read in the newspaper (again?) that some of our actors with no education background (but with strong political background) talking about entering politics. As if their family connection is a big ticket, then nothing can stop anyone becoming a Perdana Menteri in Malaysia. And we will all should pray hard that God will really help the people and save Malaysia.

No comments :