Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Education that should not be repeated

Life never fails to mesmerize me especially when it comes in a form of human behaviors. There are many things that human does and yet I, another human, cannot fathom the reason of the action taken. By which, this justify my addiction to Criminal Mind series. Sigh!

One of the behaviors that perplexed me is about the one who can turn off the self conscience and pretending that nothing wrong has taken place. In reality, everybody around him/ her is well aware about the wrong deeds. These puzzle me to a point that make me categorized the person as most likely the blindest (if this term does exist?) of all type of blind (which include love’s blind). And in this case I am referring not to physically blind but mentally or emotionally blind. These individuals always fall short in preserving the truth or being true to themselves.

In the past 30 years old or less, since I can remember, I've met a few of them. And each experience left me baffled even more. How such people can think only about themselves and never looked up and see their own reflection? There are some people who look outside themselves and always find others to blame for whatever bad things that happened, but never inside. Some may not look so bad physically but the mind; always tries to find faults of others which again, probably make themselves feel better.

In one incidence, a scientist who is eager to establish himself (my assumption) made a few enquiries to another colleague and later based on a few facts discussed presented in a seminar claiming that was his own work. There was another scientist who took his colleague for an easy ride by asking her to be a co-researcher and later ditch her without informing her once the grant proposal was approved. Yet, whenever these persons talked to the students or another member of the faculty, they always blame jealousy as the factor. They told the whole world that others are jealous of their work because they were making ways for their grand future.

The other person that I met was the one who love gossiping and making false accusations behind the back of their own friends. At the end of the day, she was left all alone by the community. Yet, I don’t think that she ever tried to understand the situation and learn from all the mistakes. Just change the attitude, I guess, will do good. Humble and sincere people will always prevail at the end of the day.

Probably money is everything, which gives good reason for some of the attitudes. Or is it the recognition which will come with glory by making other people life miserable? Do they ever think that at the end, we have to answer to a Greater One? I am short of reasons.

I might be at fault myself for analyzing them but I gather that I can’t always learn from my mistakes all my life. Thus, theirs are my informal education that should not be repeated.

No comments :