Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Mars, Venus, Pluto or Saturn?

Men are said from Mars and women are from Venus, a statement describing characters of the two Homo sapiens which stand apart. If that is so, what do we expect of people from different races or religions? I guess without doubt it should be about describing something between Pluto and Saturn or any other planets on the Solar system.

There are many weaknesses in one lifestyle compared to another and so the strength, even in a group of people. By the way, we’re humankind, not angels. We’re our own entity, regardless of races and religions.

The truth of the hoo-ha that took place in the world about races and religions is not because the ground people do not understand races or religions. It’s just that some people choose to have a narrow minded way of thinking. Personally, I don’t think labeling any bad behavior with ethnicity or with religions does prove any point. It probably only prove a point that the idea come from a close-minded type of person. If not Obama won’t have Beer summit last summer in The Great White House. Or Bush won’t be the world troublemaker of the century for going for terrorists and at the end causing the economics woe to the people of USA and later, the world. Or I would not be seeing so many CBS drama (like the three CSIs and NCIS) associating Muslims people with terrorism activities. Why blame the whole group of people for the actions of a small section from that group?

The least one can do to stop things from accelerated is agree to disagree on certain sensitive issues and Be Human once again. I believe agree to disagree is an act of maturity. It may not end the problem. Nevertheless, it is also not shutting down the door for the next line of discussions up until a point where a mutual understanding can be achieved. Shooting in the dark to justify the act is not a way to end any kind of disagreement.

As Malay, maybe many Malaysians thought it was all an easy ride for me to be here. It was not but I was lucky to have met many good people; they trust my ability and help me to reach the stars. I used to have only 10 cent in my pocket while watching my friends bought their meals for RM10. So, I knew the feeling of not having anything. However, I don’t want to screw their life. Instead, I want to have their lifestyle. Work your way up and then help others if you can. The point is I just want others to look at me beyond my race and religion, though the two are really close to me like my own heart and soul.

No comments :