Saturday, December 15, 2007

To bowl or not to bowl?

Bowling is an interesting game. I had only a few chances to play it as my time previuosly in Malaysia was spending on eating and working (do you realized that working comes after eating). But then the game always thrilled me, as an experiment. A scientist is always a scientist.
I went to play bowling today. A programme organised by Tokushima International Association (TIA). A friendly tournament between Tokushima inhibitants and foreigners of Tokushima.
In bowling, bowler will need to knock down all 10 pins per strike. We are using heavy balls that can be held with only 3 fingers. Technical aside, I will write on my experience of playing bowling.
As if it was written every time I don't expect to much of myself, I will get a strike (knocked down all 10 pins). The thing is that I need to focus on the pin that I want to strike, position where the ball will land once I drop it on the lane and how hard I push the ball. If I lay my body low enough and just let go of the ball at the right position, most of the pins will surely go down. Anyhow, concentration is the main point.
Against all odd, sometimes I witness players who just let go the ball from their hand and let it roll over to the end of the lane. They may not make a strike but at least most of the ball will be knocked down. No explanation of that. Therefore, I rest my case. (^-^)

No comments :