Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Fasting test run...

If I told my mother about me being afraid of having to perform fast this coming summer, she will surely send my ears (both left and right), deaf for a week. Not only that, she will also mention something regarding my faith of the religion. I dare not to touch this touchy subject with my mother.

Why I am afraid? Actually, summer in Japan is the longest day that I ever had. Even now, the subuh prayer start 6 minutes after 3am and asar will end 15minutes after 7pm. This means if I fast, it is 16hours. Two third of a day. I've never done that and I know that I am not that strong.

As a scientist, we are teach to test every possible conditions to come up with a conclusion. Thus, I've decided to fast yesterday. Early in the morning, around 2.45am, I had my sahur. The test run is successful beside the bad news of my grandmother that altered my mental state and bring my body to be like 'no mood to do anything'.

Eventually, I told my mother about the test run last night. She was surprised that I will have a long fasting time. She was very supportive and happy that I was alright after the fast. So, I will do the fast once awhile during this month until the real ramadhan to prepare my body. The heat and humid during summer in Japan is something that I am worry about but faith will get me through!

Get going dude!

4 comments :

Anonymous said...

Wah wah.. dah start pose ek che na? ke hutang tak habes lagi neh? hehehe.... kat sini pose nanti maghrib kol 9.30pm mcm tue...tak tau ler gumane nak survive tu..:D

naba the mutant said...

sambil menyelam minum air la jan. cemana tu mahgrib kul 9, lg hebat....tp ijan ada paspot, org pregnant kan....hahaha!

ila said...

selamat menahan diri la ya...harap2 x la penat sgt puasa nanti bila dh ada Mr Harley tu ya...

naba the mutant said...

insyaAllah...klu niat baik, tuhan berkati kan....:)