Wednesday, June 24, 2009

My Harley-Davidson

My Harley Davidson cost me only 5000yen. A second hand bicycle.

Previously I used a bicycle given by my Professor for commuting. He got that bicycle from his friend who was leaving Tokushima to work in other part of Japan. Every year, a number of officers are transferred to other places as a part of working culture here. Thus, many bicycles were left behind by their owner. Thinking of helping the new foreign student to settle down, my Professor and his wife will always prepare a bicycle to be given to the student.

Bicycle is one of main transportation in Tokushima and many people commute using bicycle. It is normal to see a man dressing in suite cycling for work every morning. Anyway, bicycle really help me to move around the town. Thirty minutes cycling is normal nowadays. A way to exercises, by the way.

Then, the front tyre of the blue bicycle (given by my Professor) was punctured. Replacing the tyre alone would cost around 3000yen. After much thought, I opted to buy my Harley. Size of the wheels were much bigger and make it faster than the blue one. The handlebar grip and seat cover are also much more comfortable. Both of the tyres were original tyres from Harley. Because of that, the probability that the former owner(s) did not used the bicycle to the maximum is there. Anyhow, I just like the idea of owning a Harley Davidson. Even though it is only a bicycle.



4 comments :

ila said...

perghhh ada harley tu...sakan haih!.original lagi..hehehh.....anywy, seat harley tu nmpk cntik sgttt...kemas...;)

Anonymous said...

Ingat tajuk ke gempaq.. rupenye memang betui name dier harley Davidson..hehe..caya lah che na. Jangan lupe pakai HELMET..heheheh :D

naba the mutant said...

ila - mai nnti boleh la try naik harley i....;)

ijan- jgn pandang i sebelah mata:)

ila said...

okeh....bestnya..dah lama dh x naik gerek nih...!hhaha