Friday, December 12, 2008

Being the angry young woman

If you're familiar with the name James Dean, then you should knew about labelled Hollywood used for him, "The angry young man" or the movie, "Rebel without a cause." He and his short span of life and Hollywood career did make an impact up until today. There is a website under his name. He was now considered a legend that gave 'rebellious' a life. Or the Bollywood actor, Amitabh Bachchan who became famous by portraying the angry young man in half of his films. He is now 66 years old and still one of the prominent figure in Bollywood. I used to watched many of his movies when I was little.

Thus, what is the angry young man means to you? For me, it means someone who dare to live his life the way he think he should live his. In the movies, the protagonist were always shown to be suppressed but then raised from the ashes for his right against the antagonist, face to face. The dialogs were always full of heated arguments. Sometimes, he was just being angry about his life that can't be objectively defined. The idea of being rebellious is just about being angry.

So, am I going to be the angry young woman? Yes, definitely not. I have ONE good reason. I can't stand myself if I am anger over something. I hate myself if I am angry. This is because anger is a state of emotion that will send me off the blocks. It's like some big hand come and punched me on the face and then I'll be thrown across the lawn onto the brick wall. This means I will used all the energy that I have to be on that state and that state doesn't make me happy either. The situation will become even worse if I, successfully express the emotion with intense rage. That will means I will have sleepless nights and loss of appetite. By showing the anger for one time, the whole week will be a waste of energy and good life. My life is so precious. Thus, I'll always try to be an idealistic and reasonable person to avoid being the angry young woman, one of the cooling effects that seems to work so far.

Probably people see me smiling all the times and thought they can easily bullied me. Never tried that. You'll burn your hand for nothing. Never try to throw a rock into a lake. You'll stirrer the surface of the water and while doing so will waking up Loch Ness monster. Just joking! (*_*)...

No comments :