Monday, December 22, 2008

Feeling sick because it's holidays

The title should have suggested that I'd morphed myself into one of the typical Japanese working habit, workaholic (which is good here) or I have lost my senses. Both are wrong. I love holidays. I could spend days in my apartment, lazily sit on my back, eat everything that's available and rarely have bath (pardon me, it's just because of the winter), without seeing single souls all day long. My mind alone can occupied my world, if I let it it be.

The end of year is one of the best time. I don't celebrate New Year but always looking forward for it. It is like having a new chapter of life. In Japan, they have this "furubukuro" sale. Usually the best time to shop is on the 1st of January. The sale is like heaven, well, especially in Japan where most of the things are expensive even the vegetables. The shop usually will offer discounted price for certain things that are collected together in the bag or box. As example, for 3000yen per bag from New Balance shop we can get a few items. The twist is that we don't have a clue what's inside the bag. They will probably mentioned that it will contained 1 pair of top and bottom sportwears and a winter coat with the sizes. It's fun and exciting. First the price is cheap as the original price probably cost more than 10 000 yen. And it's like lucky draw. O'tanoshimini! (Looking forward!)

But then again, this year I have plan a major experiments during this holiday season. To cut the story short, I wouldn't have so much time for myself in the apartment but will be in the lab most of the time. O' what to do? Sigh!

No comments :