Monday, December 15, 2008

Weekend in Kobe

Last weekend, I went again to Kobe. However, this times it was a 'rombongan che na ke kobe' (travel with che na to Kobe). It doesn't means that I was the travel agent (huh!) but this time I went there with more than by myself, which was fun and a lot more happening. There were 6 of us including Maira-chan. She's the youngest in the group, daughter of Shima and Am, the first timer visitors for Kobe. Others were Azian and Mirza. Azian was the veteran for Kobe but Mirza was there for her second time.

We start the journey with bus and arrived there around 10.20 a.m. The weather was not so cold. That was a good thing because Maera-chan was not feeling well. She had flu past few days and was still recovering. We met Surini later in Doutour cafe, having brunch together before went off to Ikea Kobe. Su was in her office suited attire the whole day as she was planning to go for Malaysian Japan Association annual meeting which she later didn't. We then went hunting for lunch which end up fruitless because most of the restaurant that offered halal food were closed. Thus, we decided to visit the oldest mosque in Kobe, went for quick shopping and headed to Fisherman Restaurant in Haborland.

The idea for Kobe visit this time was to see 'Ruminarie' or Illumination. I missed this festival for the last 2 years. I think Yati had reminded me of 'Ruminarie' a few times as she was so impressed with this the first time she made a visit to Kobe. And Su had reminded me about it this year and I made a mental note to see for myself the 'Ruminarie', this year. It was very beautiful and we hardly can move around as there were so many people coming to see the lights.

A lot of things happened during this visit and I was very happy to be part of it. Minna-san, arigatou!

No comments :